Sunday, February 7, 2010

GREY GARDENS

Movie: Grey Gardens (and HBO Movie)
Rating: 10
Time: 104 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: Since we don't have HBO, we hadn't heard about this movie until it was up for Best Movie awards on (I think) Critics Choice and Golden Globe. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange were both up for Best Actress and Drew won both times, though I personally think it should have been a tie. They were both excellent in their roles. The movie is about Big Edie and Little Edie Bouvier-Beale, Mother and Daughter, who were aunt and cousin to Jackie Kennedy Onassis. They have a beautiful home in The Hamptons but fall on hard times. This is a true story and I do believe I remember when this came out on the news and Jackie did go and help them. If you haven't seen this movie, go to Blockbuster and rent it. Dave and I highly recommend it.

No comments: