Thursday, July 24, 2008

ABBA Must be Very Proud

Movie: Mamma Mia!
Time: 108 Minutes
Jan's Rating: 10

Jan's Opinion: I LOVED this movie! The music just makes you feel good from beginning to end. Since I saw the play on Broadway when I went to New York in March, I was especially anxious to see the movie. And it shows once again just how important our close friends are. I don't understand why The Cincinnati Enquirer gave it a "C" rating and called it a "massive mess"! OK, Pierce Brosnan doesn't have a Broadway singing voice, I'll give you that, but he doesn't need one; any woman would be happy just watching him act. You could tell that Meryl Streep, my favorite actress, was having the time of her life in this movie and she deserves an Academy Award. I also love Christine Baranski and she was also great. A new face for me was Julie Walters, who played one of Meryl's best friends. I also loved her. She is the type person I would choose for a BFF. (I may be old but I know the lingo.....) As you can tell, I loved everything and everyone in the movie and hope to see it again.

No comments: