Sunday, January 10, 2016

NO ESCAPE

Movie:  No Escape
Rating:  D-
Time:  103 minutes

Jan's Review:  I know, I know, I have fallen behind in putting movies I have seen on my blog.  However, I am just 3 movies behind, so will start with the first one, "No Escape", starring Owen Wilson.  I saw this movie because I like Owen Wilson, but ended up hating the movie.  I do not like movies where children or animals' lives are in danger, and in this movie, it was two little girls who I worried about.  Owen Wilson plays the role of a man who has been transferred by his company to Cambodia, so he, his wife, and their two little girls arrive in Cambodia all excited about the new lives they will build there.  Shortly after their arrival, rebels kill the Prime Minister and also want to kill Owen Wilson's character, plus two other American families who have been transferred there.  So you spend the whole movie on the edge of your seat, worried that the rebels are going to catch and kill Owen, his wife, and their two little girls, ages approximately 5 & 6 years old.  The best part of the movie was near the end where one of the rebels has put a gun in one of the little girl's hands and is trying to make her shoot her daddy.  Well, as all mothers know, you don't mess with a mother's child, and all of a sudden the little girl's mother shows up behind the rebel holding her daughter and she hits him in the back of the head and kills him.  That is the only reason I gave the movie a D- instead of an F.

No comments: