Friday, October 10, 2014

GONE GIRL

Movie:  Gone Girl
Jan's Rating:  B
Time:  2 hours 25 minutes

Jan's Opinion:  I saw this movie with my friend, Laura, this week.  I had started to read the book but didn't like it.  However, I decided I might like the movie.  Well, I'm glad I went to see it but it is not one I would want to see a second time.  Everyone I have talked to agrees that they did not like the ending....not in the book, nor in the movie.  Ben Affleck was hot, no doubt about that!  He is married to Rosamund Pike, a very good actress from England.  She certainly plays her part well as the psycho wife.  She finds that her husband is having an affair with one of his students and she plans a payback that is worthy of an Oscar.  She leaves Ben and makes it look like he killed her.  At first he thinks she was kidnapped but she left enough clues for him to know exactly what she was doing, framing him for her murder.  She had an affair with Neil Patrick Harris, which was the unbelievable part of the movie.  Since everyone knows Neil is gay, it is hard to imagine him having an affair with any woman.  I personally think they could have found a straight man to play that role.  Please understand, I have nothing against gays, but that was not the role for Neil if you wanted people to  believe it was really happening. Tyler Perry did a good job playing Ben's attorney.  That's about all I have to say about this movie.  Go see it and form your own opinion, or maybe you will agree with me.

No comments: