Saturday, January 3, 2015

THE HUNGER GAMES, MOCKINGJAY, PART I

Movie:  The Hunger Games, Mockingjay, Part I
Jan's Rating:  A
Time:  2 hours 3 minutes

Jan's Opinion:  First of all, I'm sorry I haven't been on my blog lately but frankly, there haven't been any movies I have wanted to see.  Shame on Hollywood for just making movies for teenagers - we seniors like movies too!  I have to admit to being a fan of The Hunger Games.  I have seen all three with my grandson and I understand there is one more coming out before the series ends.  Yesterday, we saw Mockingjay, Part I, which was a cliff hanger, and now we have to wait for Part II to see how it ends.  I am hoping for the demise of the evil President Snow (Donald Sutherland).  This movie starts with Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) waking up to find that her home, District 12, has been destroyed, and that Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) is now brainwashed and held captive by President Snow. Katniss agrees to be "Mockingjay" and help end the war with President Snow.  My grandson and I both enjoyed the movie, and I commented to him that Jennifer Lawrence must have been exhausted after a day of shooting this movie!  Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments: