Sunday, August 17, 2014

THE HUNDRED-FOOT JOURNEY

Movie:  The Hundred-Foot Journey
Time:  2 Hours 2 Minutes
Jan's Rating:  A

Jan's Opinion:  Well, I have seen two good movies in one week!  I saw "And So It Goes" earlier in the week and loved it, and yesterday, my husband and I went to see The Hundred-Foot Journey and it was delightful!  I gave both movies an "A" so you know how much I loved them.  My husband also gave this movie an "A", said it was the best movie he can remember ever seeing, so that should tell you something.  Helen Mirren is the only American actress that I recognized and she did a fantastic job of playing the role of a one-star restaurant owner who was intent on getting two stars, and would not let anything get in her way!  An Indian family moves in across the road from her and opens a restaurant and she doesn't like the competition.  It is a love story of the young and the old, tangled with competition, which will keep you smiling throughout the movie.  I highly recommend it!

No comments: