Monday, January 30, 2012

ONE FOR THE MONEY

Movie: One for the Money
Jan's Rating: B+
Time: 1 Hour 46 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: As you probably already know, "One for the Money" was taken from Janet Evanovich's first "Stephanie Plum" book. There are now 18 books out and I hope they make a movie of each one. Cousin Bonnie and I ssw this movie today and I was pleasantly surprised that they got the characters so "right". Kathryn Heigl did an excellent job playing Stephanie Plum, Sherri Shepherd was Lula, Jason O-Mara was Joe Morelli, Daniel Sunjata was Ranger, Patrick Fischler was Vinnie, and Debbie Reynolds was Grandma Mazur. I like Debbie Reynolds but she did not really fit the role of Grandma Mazur. Cloris Leachman would have been perfect. The relationships between these characters was captured just like the book characters. Whether you have read the books or not, I think you will enjoy this movie.

No comments: