Saturday, January 21, 2012

EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE

Movie: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Jan's Rating: A-
Time: 2 Hours 9 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: Cousin Bonnie and I saw this movie yesterday afternoon and we both really enjoyed it. It was different than I thought it would be as the story wasn't about the attack on 9-11, but a key the little boy finds in his Father's closet after he is killed, and how the boy feels that he must find what that key opens, that it is a puzzle his Father left for him to solve. Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks have relatively small roles in this movie as the story mainly revolves around the little boy "Oskar", played by Thomas Horn, a 14-year old, who has never acted before. In fact, the producers saw him on "Teen Jeopardy" (where he won) and called him in to read for the part of "Oskar". This young man is just brilliant and will go far someday, no matter whether he chooses to act for a living or become a doctor, like both his parents. I gave this movie an "A-" instead of an "A" because I thought the movie ended unfinished. I won't tell you why because it will ruin it for you, but after you see it, let me know if you agree.

No comments: