Tuesday, October 13, 2009

WHIP IT

Movie: Whip It
Jan's Rating: 8
Time: 1 Hour 51 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: I really enjoyed this movie and the Enquirer gave it a B+ so we agreed for a change. However, cousin Bonnie and my sister Judy went with me and they both gave it a 5-1/2. Maybe they were too old for this movie. (Just kidding girls!) The movie stars Ellen Page as Bliss Cavendar and Marcia Gay Harden as her Mother. Well, Marcia spends a lot of money putting poor Bliss in beauty pageants, which she doesn't enjoy. Then Bliss discovers the "Hurl Scouts" Roller Derby (all girls) and she falls in love with the sport. She tries out for the team and makes it, then has to lie to her parents about where she is going but of course they find out in the end. I don't want to tell you how the movie ends so go see it and I bet you'll enjoy it too, that is unless you're too old. ;-)

No comments: