Monday, October 26, 2009

AMELIA

Movie: "Amelia"
Jan's Rating: 7
Time: 2 hours

Cousin Bonnie and I saw this movie today and liked it but didn't "love" it. Hilary Swank plays Amelia Earhart, whom everybody knows loved to fly and died in 1937 trying to fly around the world. Her adoring husband was played by Richard Gere. Yum. It's worth seeing the movie just to sit and watch him for two hours. (sigh) The movie did portray just how much Amelia loved to fly, which she inherited from her father. There was just something missing and I can't put my finger on it yet..... Go see it anyway. You'll like it too.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

Mom, I know you love Hilary Swank, but I just can't get past her role in Boys Don't Cry. She was SO good in that, I cannot picture her as anyone else. This is a great female history story though!