Wednesday, October 28, 2009

COUPLES RETREAT

Movie: Couples Retreat
Jan's Rating: 6-1/2
Time: 1 Hour 47 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: From the reviews I had read about this movie I thought I would probably sleep through it but quite to the contrary, it was funny and entertaining. Not an Oscar winner but these types of movies seldom are. My friend Laura and I saw it yesterday and had quite a few laughs. It stars Vince Vaughn, Jason Bateman, Kristin Davis and Kristen Bell, the only stars with which I was familiar. The movie is about four couples who go to a tropical island resort. One couple is there to work on their marriage. The other three couples planned to have a good time seeing the sights and enjoying water sports. They did not realize it was the kind of resort where you had to participate in classes to work on your marriage. It was a fun movie but Laura and I agreed that we don't know many 40-year old women with bodies as perfect as these women, but...........it was just a movie. We were glad we saw it and we do recommend it.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

I think Kristin Davis was the only wife role who is in her 40's. The rest are definitely younger.