Saturday, July 5, 2014

TAMMY

Movie:  Tammy
Jan's Rating:  B-
Dave's Rating:  C
Time:  1 Hour 36 Minutes

Jan's Opinion:  First of all, to those of you who read my blog, I'm sorry I haven't posted any movies lately but it has been months since there was a movie that I wanted to see!  Isn't that sad?  When I saw the previews of  "Tammy", I knew I wanted to see it, so yesterday my husband and I went to see it and we both rated it.  Except for Melissa's foul mouth, it was a very enjoyable movie, not Oscar worthy, but definitely made us laugh.  Melissa McCarthy works in a Burger King-type place and Ben Falcone (her husband in real life) plays the role of her boss.  He fires her not long after the movie starts and she goes home to find her husband is being unfaithful to her.  She packs a bag and goes to her Mother's house to borrow a car so she can leave town.  Her Grandma lives with her mother.  Grandma, an alcoholic, is played well by Susan Sarandon.  They take off in Grandma's car and there begins a comedy of bad decisions on both their parts.  Also in the movie are Kathy Bates and Saundra Oh (from Grey's Anatomy).  If you can stand the bad language, you will enjoy the movie.

No comments: