Friday, January 4, 2013

LES MISERABLES

Movie:  Les Miserables
Jan's Rating:  A+
Time:  2 Hours 38 Minutes

Jan's Opinion:  You can tell by my rating that I loved this movie!  I am usually not a big fan of musicals, except for Mamma Mia and Chicago, but the previews looked so good for this one that I talked my friend, Laura, into seeing it with me today.  At the end, we were both crying and sharing a box of tissues!  It wasn't a happy movie by any means.  It takes place around 1832, during the French Revolution, and stars Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, and Eddie Redmayne.  The acting was probably the best I have seen in any movie....ever!  They all deserve an academy award.  It is the story of Jean Valjean (played by Hugh Jackman), a former prisoner who becomes mayor of a town in France.  Valjean agrees to take care of Cosette (Amanda Siefried), the illegitimate daughter of Fantine (Anne Hathaway), and must avoid being captured again by Javert (Russell Crowe), a nasty police inspector who is not very forgiving.  There is SO MUCH DRAMA in this movie, and makes you feel thankful to be living today and not in those times and conditions.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: