Saturday, September 8, 2012

THE INTOUCHABLES

Movie:  The Intouchables
Jan's Rating:  A
Time:  1 Hour 52 Minutes

Jan's Opinion:  My friend, Karen, told me this was an excellent movie and she did not exaggerate.  My friend, Laura, and I saw it today and I have to say, it is the best movie I have seen in a while.  The movie is taken from a true story and is in French so there are sub-titles, which I normally don't like, but this movie was so good that I didn't mind.  It is about a wealthy white man (around 62 years old) who is a parapalegic and he hires this tall young black man to be his caregiver.  At first the black man didn't want to do some of the things that were expected of him but he grew to really care about the white man and wanted to make life easier and more fun for him.  It is such a warm, sweet story that it will steal your heart.  I wish that all people who have to have caregivers could have one as caring as this one.

No comments: