Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A SWEET BUT DEVILISH DOG!

Movie: Marley and Me
Jan's Rating: 7
Time: 2 hours 3 minutes

Jan's Opinion: I had read the book but I think those of us who haven't read the book know the storyline of this movie. John Grogan (Owen Wilson) and his wife (Jennifer Aniston) adopt a loveable Labrador Retriever named Marley, but Marley refused to be trained not to chew up the furniture and not to poop in the ocean where people swim. This is a true story and even though I knew Marley died in the end, I cried when she died. I do not usually cry in movies but this one got to me. Cousin Bonnie cried too but my grandson played "the man" and didn't cry. I have to say, I can't imagine anyone playing these parts better than Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston. However, here is what is bothering me.......... What does Jennifer see in John (what's his face) that she has been dating??? He never smiles, is not particularly good looking, and has no personality. On the other hand, she and Owen make a darling couple and Owen is available! Someone needs to have a talk with her!!

No comments: