Sunday, December 7, 2008

RACHEL DOES FINALLY GET MARRIED

Movie: Rachel Getting Married
Jan's Rating: 9
Time: 114 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: I had heard nothing about this movie except Anne Hathaway gives an excellent performance, so I thought it would be a fun-loving, happy, girl-gets-married movie. This was definitely not the case. My friend Laura and I were in Asheville, NC for the weekend, had a couple of hours to kill, so saw the movie Saturday afternoon. The acting in this movie was outstanding, especially by Anne Hathaway, so I expect to hear Oscar buzz next year. Anne plays the part of Kim, who has been in drug rehab for 9 months and gets out for the weekend to see her sister Rachel get married. This family is so dysfunctional that I'm surprised she made it through the weekend without drugs. I'm not an addict and I think I would have had to pop a pill to get through it. The theater was completely quiet because people were so engrossed in the story that no one was making a sound. We both enjoyed it and it is one of those movies that you think about after you leave the theater. I highly recommend it but take a couple of tissues.....

No comments: