Saturday, September 24, 2016

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Movie:  Magnificent Seven
Jan's Rating:  C-
Time:  2 hours 13 minutes

Jan's Review:  I probably shouldn't rate this movie since I am not a fan of westerns.  However, my sister loves westerns, so took her to see this one yesterday.  I dozed off twice.  She loved it.  I did not love it.  Greedy Bart Bogue tries to take over Rose Creek, offering residents $20 for their land.  When they would not sell, he killed a lot of them. (This is not a loving, feel-good movie.)  The wife of one of the men killed, Emma Cullen, turned to Sam Chisolm (played by Denzel Washington) to help the town, and he recruits an eclectic group of gunslingers to help the people save their town from greedy Bart.  There is a lot of blood shed, so if you like that sort of thing, by all means go see it.  The best part was when Emma shot Bart in the end (literally).

No comments: