Friday, February 28, 2014

NEBRASKA

Movie:  Nebraska
Time:  1 hour 50 minutes
Jan's Rating:  C+

Jan's Opinion:  I have now seen all the movies I wanted to see that are up for an Academy Award.  There are three that I have no interest in seeing.  My husband and I rented this movie last night and we both agreed it deserved a C+.  Do not know why the movie is up for an Academy Award.  It stars Bruce Dern and June Squibb, who both did a good job acting but not an Oscar-worthy performance.  In the movie, the two of them are married, and getting up in years. He has the beginning of Alzheimer's disease and she nags him to death, wants to put him in a nursing home. He received one of those letters from Publisher's Clearing House telling him he may have won a million dollars, so he wants to go to Nebraska to claim it. He lives in Montana. His son tries to tell him that he hasn't won anything, that they are just trying to sell him magazines, but he insists he won, so his son drives him to Nebraska, thus the rest of the story evolves.  Also, the movie was in black and white, which depicts the time period, but I prefer color, no matter the time period.  My opinion might not be shared with others, but just telling you how my husband and I felt about the movie.

No comments: