Saturday, October 5, 2013

GRAVITY

Movie:  Gravity
Jan's Rating:  C
Time:  1 Hour 31 Minutes

Jan's Opinion:  My sister-in-law, Sherry, and I went to see this movie today and we were both glad we didn't see it in 3D; it was scary enough without parts of the shuttle flying into the audience.  Sherry was very disappointed because she said it had no plot.  She had just read the book "Gravity" and thought the movie was taken from the book but it wasn't.  I, on the other hand, could see the plot but it wasn't my favorite movie. Sandra Bullock plays Dr. Ryan Stone, a Bio-Medical Engineer, and George Clooney plays Matt Kowalski, a veteran astronaut on his last mission.  While they are outside the shuttle, debris from a satellite crashes into the shuttle, leaving them stranded in space.  Now, the question is....will they make it back to earth alive?  I won't tell you and ruin it for you.  I will say that Sandra Bullock was outstanding in her role and just might be up for an Academy Award for her performance.

No comments: