Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MY SISTER'S KEEPER

Title: My Sister's Keeper
Jan's Rating: 9
Time: 1 hour 43 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: I saw this movie by myself today while I had a chance to go, and glad I did. It was a very good movie, but very sad. I don't cry easily and I used 2 tissues. I was mostly moved by how close the family was. The movie is taken from a book and a true story about a child (played by Abigail Breslin) who was conceived so they could use her blood, spinal fluid, etc. to keep her sister, who had cancer, alive. When it was time that her sister needed a kidney, Abigail said that's enough and sued her parents for the right to make medical decisions about her own body. Cameron Diaz does a great job of portraying the Mother. Jeez, it seems like last year that I saw her portraying a teenager. Anyway, it's a very good movie so go see it, but make sure you take along some tissues!

No comments: