Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THE MERRY GENTLEMAN

Movie: The Merry Gentleman (also saw it listed as "Gentlemen)
Jan's Rating: 5-1/2
Time: 1 Hour 39 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: Let me start out by saying the Enquirer gave this movie a rating of B+ and I gave it a "5-1/2" so again, we disagree. I saw this movie with my friend Laura today and we're still trying to figure out how they came up with the title "Merry Gentleman", what the movie was really trying to tell us, and the ending left us hanging so that didn't help either. The movie held my attention because I kept trying to figure out the story. Michael Keeton stars in and directs the movie. He appears to be a hired killer who meets a sweet young woman (played by Kelly MacDonald) and I think would like to change his life around but it's too late. Would be interested if anyone else figures out this movie.

No comments: