Sunday, May 24, 2009

TAKEN

Movie: Taken
Jan's Rating: 6
Time: 91 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: I didn't get a chance to see this movie when it was in the theaters so my husband and I rented it last night and now I know why it wasn't in the theaters very long......The movie stars Liam Neeson who is a retired CIA agent. His daughter graduates from high school and goes to Paris for the summer of which he does not approve. Long story short, she gets kidnapped her first day there while she is on the phone talking to her Dad and the rest of the movie is about what he goes through to try to find her. The storyline was not believeable and the acting was terrible. I am not a fan of Liam Neeson nor Harrison Ford because I don't think either of them can act - they just usually get good movies. However, this wasn't one of those good movies for Liam Neeson. My husband gave the movie a rating of "5" - I decided to be generous and give it a "6" because we did enjoy parts of it and didn't turn it off before it was over.

No comments: