Saturday, February 7, 2009

I REMEMBER WATERGATE.....

Movie: Frost/Nixon
Jan's Rating: 7
Time: 2 Hours 2 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: OK, I'm telling my age but I remember Nixon and Watergate very well. In fact I voted for "Tricky Dick". Cousin Bonnie and I saw this movie Friday and we thought it was good but not worthy of an Oscar. I actually felt sorry for Nixon at the end. I think he got caught up in having a "God complex" and thought he could get by with anything, yet he really was a good man on the inside. I think my biggest surprise was David Frost's role. I remember him as being very British with a snobby air about him. The David Frost in the movie seemed to be always smiling and trying to please, and quite a womanizer. He did finally have to turn hard at the end to get Nixon to admit what he had done. It's worth seeing, but not my favorite movie of the year.

No comments: