Saturday, December 15, 2007

A FAIRY TALE FOR ADULTS

Movie: August Rush
Jan's Rating: 5
Time: 113 Minutes

Jan's Opinion: OK, where do I start? I liked the story line of this movie but not the way it was told. I don't know about you, but I don't like movies that switch back and forth from the present to the past, over and over again, too confusing. I also like happy endings but this wasn't realistic, too much like a fairy tale. The story starts out with Keri Russell who is an accomplished musician having a one-night affair with Jonathan Ries Meyers, falls in love, wants to be with him but her father won't allow it. She ends up pregnant, has the baby, her father tells her the baby died so for the next 12 years her heart aches for her baby boy. On her father's death bed, he tells her the boy did not die, thus starts her search for her son. As I said earlier, I liked the story line but I would have told it differently.

No comments: